Many business owners take negative reviews personally, doing this can make you lose focus on pleasing all customers and only focusing on the one who is unpleased. Taking constructive criticism is very different from a bad review and taking constructive criticism is a way that your business or product can grow because trying different things that the consumer thought would be a good idea is very smart and good for both sides of the business. Business owners who take constructive criticism or bad reviews poorly, should probably have a certain employee in charge of responding to the reviews but there are many tricks to make responding and receiving a better process.
- Responding as soon as possible is very important because getting the issue taken care of will make the customer happy and more likely to either to take down the review or reply to their own comment and saying how pleased they were with the customer service. Making the customer want to come back and continue to purchase the product is a great way to make your business thrive.
- Being professional will also make the confrontation seem as though the commenter is just someone who is trying to say bad things and the business has nothing to do with it. There is one thing you can control and that is the next comment back to the person so make sure it is something that wouldn’t make the other person even more upset.
- Getting a private website service to remove bad reviews from your site is also an option, but doing this can make commenters even more upset when they look and there comment has been erased from the site. Spending unnecessary money is also something that comes with getting the reviews removed.
- Taking the confrontation off of the public website and either calling them or giving them your email will let the issue be dealt without they eye of the public. Talking with someone in private will also allow for no outside comments to be added making the issue handled faster.
- Encouraging reviews is important as well, telling the customer to give constructive criticism will make the person that is planning on writing a bad review feel bad because you want to improve parts of your business. Admitting that the product could be better will let the customer know that they should help to make it better than talking bad about it.